Scarborough & District run two Park & Ride services:
- 64: Seamer Road (A64 to the south west) - Aquarium Top - St Thomas Street - York Place
- 165: Filey Road (A165 to the south) - University Campus - Aquarium Top - St Thomas Street - York Place
Buses run at least every 12 minutes, non-stop from the large free car parks straight to the town centre, from 7am (8am on Sundays) to 6.40pm, 7 days a week. Please check the timetables for the last times from each stop.
Tickets are 90p each way, and children (under 18) travel at half-price. A family day return ticket (2 adults and 2 children) is £3.60
From 1 April 2012, holders of national concessionary passes will no longer travel free, but can buy a return ticket at a reduced rate of £1.
For regular travellers, weekly (£8.50) and monthly (£30.00) tickets are available from the on-site ticket machine, and an annual ticket (£300) can be bought from EYMS, telephone 01482 327142
Arriva run one Park & Ride service, during the summer only (start of Easter holidays to last Sunday in October):
- 171: Low Stakesby (A171 to the west) - West Cliff - St Hilda's Terrace - Bus Station
Buses run every 15 minutes, from the free car park to the town centre, from 8.15am to 5.15pm (8.00am to 6.30pm in high season). Please check the timetables for the last times from each stop.
Tickets are £1.50 single to £2.30 return, and children (under 18) and senior/disabled passengers travel at half-price. A family day return ticket (2 adults and 2 children) is £4.80
For regular travellers, weekly (£10) and monthly (£35) tickets are available.
Parking is not allowed overnight at the Park & Ride site, and the car park is locked after the last bus. Caravans and large motor homes are not permitted at any time.
York has an excellent network of Park & Ride services, run by First York:
- 2 (Green Line): Rawcliffe Bar (junction of A19 and A1237) - Clifton Green - Railway Museum - Station Gardens - Museum Street (returns direct to Clifton Green)
- 3 (White Line): Askham Bar (A1036 to the west, near A64) - Blossom Street - Station - Rougier Street - Tower Street
- 7 (Red Line): Designer Outlet (junction of A19 and A64) - Fulford - Fishergate - Clifford Street - Rougier Street - Station (returns direct to Fulford)
- 8 (Yellow Line): Grimston Bar (A1079 to the east, near A64) - Hull Road - Morrisons - Peasholme Green - Piccadilly (returns direct to Hull Road)
- 9 (Silver Line): Monks Cross (A1036 to the east, near A64) - Heworth Road - Stonebow - Rougier Street
- 59 (Turquoise Line): Poppleton Bar (A59 to the west, near A1237) - Holgate Park - Station - Clifford Street
All routes run at least every 10 minutes, 7 days a week. The last bus from York is at about 8pm (6pm on Sundays)
With the exception of the 7 (Red Line), Park & Ride routes run an express service, calling at only one or two stops between the car park and the city centre. The 7 (Red Line) calls at all stops along the route.
A day return ticket costs £2.70. Up to 2 children (under 16) can travel free with every fare-paying adult. National Bus Passes are accepted on Park & Ride subject to usual time restrictions, but when boarding at the Park & Ride site there is a single fare of 80p (this does not apply when boarding at any other stop).
For frequent users, smartcards are available from all Park & Ride offices, which can either be set to give unlimited travel for a week (£10.80), a month (£43.20) or a year (£432), or a stored value card (which works like Oyster pay as you go) that charges you £2.40 per journey, with a minimum top-up of £5. There is a refundable depoist of £5 on all smartcards.
Parking is not allowed overnight at any of the Park & Ride sites, and many of the car parks are locked after the last bus.